The Ministry of Education Granted 12 Universities to Establish “Future Institute of Technology”
Develop. Grow. Succeed.
While GEC Academy is exploring new education paths for future international talents, the Chinese government is also paving the paths for future education on technology. In recent months, the ministry of education released the full list of universities designated to establish future institutes of technology. The list included top universities such as Peking University and Tsinghua University. The ministry also provided the following principles:
1) Strengthen the research and judgment on future science and technology development trends. Aim to develop cutting-edge and revolutionary technologies in the next 10-15 years; cultivate leading talents in future scientific and technological innovation.
2) Take the initiative to break traditional professional disciplines; promote the integration of professional disciplines.
3) Strengthen the function of scientific research and education, and explore an effective model for universities and research institutes to jointly cultivate future leading talents in science and technology innovation.
4) Stimulate students’ curiosity; encourage students to take the initiative to discover and think deeply about problems; and encourage bold ideas, creativity and imagination.
5) Adopt a global perspective and strategic thinking; keep an open mind and learn from others’ strengths.